DIY Jewelry Cork Board

No matter how hard I try to keep it organized, my jewelry drawer always turns into a mess, and I can never find what I'm looking for. I've seen many lovely solutions to this, but none quite for me.

Some people hang their jewelry on jewelry stands.

Others hang it on hooks attached to the wall.


The jewelry stands I found didn't seem to hold very much, and I didn't really feel like going out and spending a whole lot on jewelry display hooks (and I'm not that into buying items with single functions). I decided instead to make my own jewelry cork board using some simple materials I had lying around the house. The only thing I had to run out and get were the cork sheets. Here's what you'll need:

foam core, 2 - 12" x 12" cork sheets, fabric, glue gun, staple gun

First, I cut out a 12" x 24" piece of foam core for the backing. Next, I hot-glued both sheets of cork board to the foam core. After that was in place, I just wrapped fabric around the entire front and stapled in place with the staple gun!

To help with the weight of the jewelry, I actually nailed the board to the wall.

finished product

I just used pins to hold up the jewelry. Push pins would probably be stronger...


Hopefully now that most of my jewelry is nicely organized and easy to access, I'll wear them more often and stop thinking that I need to buy more! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP